My teacher once told me that I was weak in Maths and that I should work on that; but it has been 12 years since that advice and yet I’m that one person who loves Math but is weak in it. Oh but don’t relate this little tale with the title as the title makes perfect sense to what I am about to tell you all. This post is to share with you all, a milestone that I have just achieved.
Today, as I make the 50th post of the blog “Ryuji Tatsuya’s Anime Review”, the number of followers reached the milestone of 50 while the number of views keeps on increasing after crossing the mark of 1100. This day also marks as the 6th months’ anniversary of our blog. (Coincidence? I don’t think so)
So there I stood, thinking what should I post which will make all of you guys go into a nostalgic ride, no matter how long it has been since you have been here in WordPress, and that’s when it hit me! I decided to write about some of those delightful emotions that we keep on encountering as we grow as a blogger. Now this list is limited to only those which have been experienced by me till now, but if you want to add something in it, then be sure to do so. So, without any further delay, LET’S GET RIGHT INTO IT!
- FIRST POST! Remember that time, when you had no idea about what blogging would be like but still you had this emotion of telling the whole world how you feel? Well, blogging may not be as popular and mainstream like YouTube, but admit it, while you were posting your first ever blog, the main feeling in your heart was ‘EXCITEMENT’. Even though we had no idea about how the blog would look like or how to do anything in this foreign land, when we first clicked on that little blue publish button at the top left, all we had was a sense of accomplishment and pride!
- FIRST LIKE! The first like on the post of any blogger is something that they treasure for life. Even though, unlike comments and follows, it isn’t something that we could tell everyone with pride, but it is something that stays in our heart forever as our first ever achievement in this field. The ‘Like’ button in our site is something that stays there unnoticed, most of the time, but we all know it that it is this like which acted as a foundation for our morale and encouragement in the early days.
- WHEN WE DIDN’T LIKE OUR BLOG’S PRESENTATION At first when we created our blog, we just wanted it to be done as soon as possible so that we can voice our opinions to everyone we can reach to, as a result the theme we chose or the way we created our pages gave off an amateur feeling to it. (Dunno about you guys, but my webpage is still not how I imagine it to be) However, as we kept on writing more and more, there came a time when we tried to sneak a peek at how it looked as the finished product and I remember my exact words after seeing it was, “Ewwww! This is the worst webpage ever!” Funny, isn’t it!
- FIRST CHANGE IN THE BLOG Now, when we saw how our blog, which seemed so good before, has turned into a living nightmare, there’s only one thing that we could do, A RENOVATION OF THE SITE. Thanks to the easy features of WordPress, it is easy to apply changes without much thought, but it wasn’t easy to master them. Still, when we renovated the site for the first time, by changing its theme or adding some more widgets, all we could say after we finished it was that we have done a great job! (Fun fact: I have changed my blog’s theme at least 7 times lol)
- FIRST FOLLOWER! You know how whenever you complete some kind of mission in a game, a small dialogue box would come up and tell you that you have done a good job, that’s what I felt like when I got my first follower. At that time, I felt like that finally there is someone who is reading my posts, yeah I know that I should have got that feeling already as my post received one or two likes, but still that feeling was something completely different. I’m sure you guys know what I’m talking about!
- FIRST COMMENT! Now what I’m going to talk about is something which, for me at least, holds the most treasured feeling of all and that is the time when I got my first comment. Now that I look back on it, that post doesn’t seems to be all that amazing, but at that time (Even though it was only 6 months before) it was the best I could deliver and when someone said that they liked it and sent me their own views, I was in cloud nine. Even today, if there are notifications, nothing can please me more than a comment; it doesn’t matter if it’s a small one, as long as what I say to my viewers is delivered and a new message is received, I’m happy!
- WHEN WE GET AN AWARD! I remember it being a normal day at WordPress, I think just a month before, and I was scrolling through the readers’ column and searching for some good article. Suddenly, I saw something which seemed to be a bit interesting, I saw an award post. Now, I was very happy for the receiver of the award but inside my mind, I was hoping for my name to be in the nomination list and to my surprise there it was, my name, written in bold in the nominated list. My first award was ‘The Sunshine Blogger Award’. To receive an award was like a bonus for me. I was appreciated for my effort and that’s the proof that I was nominated. Nothing in the world would be able to describe my feeling at that time.
- WHEN WE REACH A MILESTONE After all these small but precious moments, at last here we are with me telling you all about my first milestone in blogging. This moment serves as nothing other than another achievement, now all I can do is accept this honour and continue serving our duty by keeping on writing about what we like the most, Anime.
So, in the end I would like to thank all of my followers once again, for helping me grow up and turn me into an upgraded version of Ryuji. Right now, I want to say this one last thing, THANK YOU VERY MUCH….. LOVE YOU ALL!!!