It was just another day of the week when I decided to log in to WordPress, but as soon as I checked the notification tab, I realized that today is actually a day that needs to be celebrated. This day marks as the first anniversary of my blog, Ryuji’s Anime Review. I really have a hard time believing that it’s already a year old now.
I still remember the day I decided to start this blog. It was around 5 to 6 PM when I just finished watching ‘Your lie in April’. At that time, I had a habit of discussing the pros and cons of anime I finished watching in a closed room; however that day, my mother walked in and on seeing me talking about anime to myself with such enthusiasm, she advised me to start a blog about anime. To be honest, I was looking for a platform to talk about this stuff in a more official way, so I didn’t hesitated much into searching for a site to do it; and within two hours, I had posted my first post of my site, Ryuji’s anime review. Thanks to all of you for following my blog and giving me the strength to continue.
So what have I planned to do for today? Even though it’s not something really grand, I do hope that you guys would have fun reading this Anniversary special issue. At first, I will be sharing with you guys, some facts related to my blog, followed by some of my posts which I actually enjoyed writing (Told ya, not much). So without any further delay, let’s get right into it!!
SOME FACTS OF THE RYUJI’S ANIME REVIEW:
- Even though my first post was made in 29th of July, my blog actually became active in the month of September, when I started writing anime reviews more often.
- At first, the name of the blog was ‘Chat with Ryuuji’, but after a while, when I realized that my reviews are hardly anything like a nice chat, I changed it into Ryuji’s Anime Review. Though I think I might change this name again as my blogs aren’t only about anime anymore.
- I used to have a page where I decided to update my Top 10 anime list every month. But I never actually updated it and the rankings remained stuck in their for 8 months, before I finally deleted it.
- I actually tried to manage a second site known as ‘Ultodurbin’ for some weeks but then I decided to focus more on my main site and didn’t post for a while in Ultodurbin. Presently, my mother manages that site and posts some of her photography occasionally (Shameless publicity: Do check her out here).
- I had no idea that I could use GIF images in a post until December. The same goes for using the VLC screenshot feature too (I used Google Images for pics in the earlier posts).
- The Ryuji’s Anime Review site has changed its layout more than 10 times, the current one has survived for the longest period of 4 months.
- The day I got my first award, I skipped the nomination part of the post at first because I thought that there was no way for me to be in that list (I found that out later when I was linked to the post).
- The ‘30 Days of Anime Challenge’ actually got finished in 28 days instead of 30 (I cheated a lot XD).
- My first completed Episodic review was ‘Kuzu no Honkai’ I tried to write episodic reviews of some series earlier, a couple of times, but they were never completed.
Well I hope that you enjoyed these facts (I don’t know why I wanted to share them but meh). Moving on, I will be talking about some of the posts that I really enjoyed writing and got pretty good response from you guys as well, be sure to check them out later if you haven’t!
- Your lie in April (Anime Review): The reason I have included this post here is pretty obvious, isn’t it? Because no matter how much my blog and my experience develop, I actually started from this little review of a great anime. When I read it again, I realized that the way I wrote this anime is pretty amateur-ish (Which it still is but to be honest, it’s comparatively better now), it really was fun going down the memory lane and see how much I have grown up.
- How I came to love Anime: Next up, is a post which is really really close to my heart. Maybe I was feeling nostalgic that day or something, whatever the reason might be, I took the time to write down my feelings here and I really am lucky as it got great reactions from you guys. This post, which shows how I got in contact with the anime culture and how far I have come since then, is the most viewed post of my site and to be honest, I really can’t thank you guys enough for stating your thoughts clearly in that post.
- Some Anime Cliches ( 1, 2): Maybe one of the most appreciated works of mine, the ‘Some Anime Cliches’ series were the reason I got a sudden boost in the number of followers as well as views in my blog. While I want to post more of the same pattern but this time of different genre, I want to be sure that I could surpass these posts by a long shot.
- A Look Back On 2016 While this post didn’t get as much views and likes as the other posts, I personally enjoyed creating it. Not just the post was really lengthy but the picture collage that I decided to try out took a huge load of my time (I actually stole the idea of collage from D….. thanks for the idea bro XD). Well, after this post, I didn’t tried to do the collage work again, but I do have to admit that if I weren’t so lazy, my posts would look really good (Just like it did with D and other fellow bloggers).
- A Big surprise: Sunshine Blogger Award: Lastly, I slipped in my first award reaction post. This post meant a lot to me, mostly because it was at that time I realized (I fucked up…. Sorry I couldn’t resist that XD), that my works are actually being spread out to other bloggers out there. It made me feel that there are some peoples who actually enjoy reading my posts and that it’s not worthless. That moment, when I found out that I got an award, was one of the one of the greatest moments of my life!
That sums up my First Anniversary post of this blog. I would like to thank all of you for being there for me all these days and for appreciating my work and encouraging me to write more. This is just a small step for a better future of this blog and I hope that you guys will be there to see this through. Thanks a lot!